Patient Portal Messages
While there are a variety of ways to send messages to patients using the MyAHS Connect patient portal, In Basket is the primary tool for receiving, reviewing and acting upon responses.
Sending Patient Messages
Clinicians can send patient messages from a variety of hyperspace activities. Common starting points include:
- In Basket - "Patient Message" button in top-level In Basket button bar.
- Inpatient Chart - "Send Patient Message" activity (accessible from global search or Epic menu)
- Resolving incomplete documentation or open charts.
- Accepting tasks sent to a pool (e.g., triage of incoming referrals)
Receiving Patient Messages
Patients can send messages to clinics or clinicians using MyAHS Connect. Receiving clinicians receive alerts to incoming patient messages via Haiku/Limerick (configurable), Canto (configurable) and Hyperspace. All patient messages appear, and are reviewed, in In Basket, organized in a "Pt Advice Request" folder.
Patient Message Task Management
As with other In Basket messages and tasks, incoming patient messages can be re-routed, copied, forwarded or deferred. Messages are automatically linked to the relevant patient chart and, if appropriate, have links to any associated patient questionnaires, images or attached documents.
- Workflow demonstration - end-to-end patient messaging demonstration of how patients initiate messages, how support staff screen messages incoming to pools, and how prescribers are brought into "conversations".
- Demo: Patient Communications