Those putting hands to keyboards, fingers to touchscreens or mouths to microphones need support to get the most out of the Connect Care clinical information system (CIS). Connect Care users should reach out early and often. A solution is likely just a shout, call or click away.
- 2+ weeks post-launch, the most immediate help might come from a colleague. Get to know who in clinic, ward or ER is experienced and seek help from peers.
- Super Users are “at-the-elbow” during the first weeks post-launch but reduce availability thereafter. They remain embedded resources indefinitely. Many clinical areas have Super User call schedules. Check with leaders for names, contact numbers and specialty-specific arrangements.
- Look for orange lanyards for residents and yellow lanyards for physicians.
- This Manual (manual.connect-care.ca) is updated frequently, reflecting essential knowledge for physicians.
- Updates (blogs.connect-care.ca) are a source of continuing support for physicians. Check daily (or subscribe).
- Learning Home Dashboards (inside the CIS) maintain lists of tip sheets and guides.
- A Training Resources Catalogue (learningfiles.connect-care.ca) lists training materials that can be downloaded.
- A Connect Care Knowledge Library (helpfiles.connect-care.ca) has diverse resources.
Peer-to-peer help is available in a drop-in centre just before and for many weeks post-launch. These are particularly good for mobility, personal device, dictation, personalization and tricky workflows. Troubleshooting is available for login problems.
A Connect Care "Concierge" unifies access to non-urgent help and requests. Anyone can enter requests and suggestions, using an easy-to-remember link:
Solution Centre & Help Desk
- For urgent issues, first seek a local Super User or experienced colleague.
- Otherwise, call the IT Service Desk & Solution Centre at 1-877- 311-4300 (#1 for Connect Care) to log a problem or request.
CMIO Leaders on Call
The Chief Medical Information Office (CMIO) ensures that a physician informatics leader is on call for a number of weeks post-launch. See Updates for announcements of Wave-specific arrangements.