Physicians can participate in personalization workshops after completing their basic training and demonstrating competence on the End User Proficiency Assessment (EUPA) for their training track. Self-registration via MyLearningLink is supported on a first-come-first-scheduled basis.
A successful personalization workshop allows physicians to leave with:
- A mental map of parts of the clinical information system (CIS) where appearance, menus, lists, orders and text automations can be personalized... enough to prime essential follow-up work in preparation for launch.
- Knowledge of where to go, and who to call, for help with personalization.
- Proven logon access to the "production" instance of the Connect Care CIS.
- Personal mobile devices configured with working mobile apps (Haiku and/or Canto)
- Working exposure to the Dragon Medical One in-system dictation system and installation of PowerMic Mobile on personal mobile device(s).
Participants should come with the personal mobile device(s) they intend to use for CIS access. Better still, follow tips for installation of Connect Care Mobility Management software, then the CIS clinical applications (Haiku and/or Canto) and PowerMic Mobile (next section of this manual). Ideally, mobile devices will be ready to use at the workshop.
- Complete the appropriate training track EUPA in MyLearningLink
- Identify and bring any SmartPhone (Apple or Android) or Tablet (Apple only) that will be used for mobile CIS access.
- Follow instructions for Installing Connect Care Mobile applications (Haiku and/or Canto, PowerMic Mobile) on personal device(s).
- Bookmark this manual for future reference
Key Terms and Concepts
- Review: Definitions of Epic's "Smart Tools"
- Skim: Key Concepts - Order-Related Clinical Decision Supports
A personalization workshop is the best way to start one's personalization journey. Self-directed learning and peer-to-peer support help continue the journey.
- Learning Dashboard - be sure to find and favourite-mark the "learning home dashboard" for your clinical area. This will have links to personalization guides for different clinical contexts (e.g., inpatient, outpatient). The guides cover the basics.
- It's Possible Videos - the eLearning section ("WeLearning") of the Epic UserWeb has a series of short "It's Possible" instructional videos that include a number focused on personalization. These are especially helpful for introductions to more complex personalizations, like adjusting and saving OrderSets.