Learning how to use Connect Care Mobile Apps
Connect Care supports mobile applications ("apps") for smartphones (“Haiku”), iPads (“Canto”) and Apple Watches (“Limerick”). These follow familiar norms for user interaction. The apps are "guessable" and can be discovered through exploration. Nonetheless, a little orientation can speed mastery of time-saving functions, such as remote order-entry. A dictation app ("PowerMic Mobile") is discussed elsewhere.
Short eLearning modules are available through MyLearningLink. These cover how to review patient lists and schedules, skim charts, review results, dictate progress notes and use secure messaging. Open and log on to MyLearningLink, then search for courses that start with "Epic - HKU". There are about 10 brief self-directed modules... all worth the time.
Haiku differs in Android and an iOS environments. Quickstart guides for Haiku and Canto help users understand what can be done and how to do it.
Epic's UserWeb is a source for detailed information about current and planned mobile functions. The "WeLearning" section has some excellent "It's Possible" (short) videos about clinical uses of mobile apps (you can search for the course code shown in brackets):
- It's Possible... Secure Chat [POSS032]
- It's Possible... Mobile Patient Orientation [POSS042]
- It's Possible... Mobile Rounding with Canto [POSS034]
- It's Possible... Mobile Tools for Surgeons [POSS035]
- It's Possible... Mobile Orders on the Go [POSS039]
- It's Possible... Mobile InBasket [POSS040]
- It's Possible... Mobile Media Capture [POSS041]
- It's Possible... Smarter Notes in Canto [POSS093]
- It's Possible... Office Visits in Canto [POSS100]
- It's Possible... ED Orders on the Move [POSS050]
- It's Possible... ED Patient Tracking on the Go [POSS049]
Other courses, manuals and demos can be found via the UserWeb.