Connect Care Physician Manual - Legend
The Manual can serve as a high-level guide to deeper layers of Connect Care clinical information system (CIS) documentation, training, guides and demonstrations. To help the reader, a consistent naming convention is used when presenting links to more detailed information.
- Byte - (~1 page) brief explanation of a topic, function, concept or process; serving as a quick orientation for readers unfamiliar with the focus of a Manual section.
- FAQ - (1-10 pages) series of common questions about a particular topic, providing an accessible way for prescribers to quickly home in on issues of particular interest.
- Tip - (1-3 pages) illustrated explanation of how to perform a particular function, always practical and always about how to use the CIS.
- Guide - (1-10 pages) more detailed exploration of the features and controls for a particular function, activity or information process.
- Infographic - (1-2 pages) graphic representation of a workflow or process, useful for illustrating how different functions, possibly performed by different persons, relate in the CIS.
- Backgrounder - (1-10 pages) explication of a policy or process.
- Briefing - (1-2 pages) summary key messages from a backgrounder.
- Crib-Sheet - (1-5 pages) summary of properties of a tool, settings or other configuration and use instructions
- Demo - (<5 min) brief video demonstration of a particular function or workflow, emphasizing essential prescriber actions.
- Glossary - (few sentences) definition of a term, concept or function, usually linked to glossary.connect-care.ca
- Norm - (5-10 pages) exploration of expectations of users of the Connect Care CIS respecting a particular functionality.
- Principles - (1 page) summary of key principles guiding the design, build or use of a particular functionality.
- Compact - (1 page) simple statement of mutual expectations and accountabilities.