Who to call?
First, look for an experienced user or Super User (yellow or orange Connect Care lanyard). If you cannot find peer support, consider the type of problem:
- Possible immediate Patient Care impact
- Connect Care access or login problems
- Non-Medical Device failure (e.g. printer, scanner)
- Any kind of system or function downtime or failure
- Patient safety incident or problem
--> call the Service Desk and Solution Centre at 1-877-311-4300 (Press “1” [clinical systems] and then “2” [Connect Care])
- No immediate Patient Care impact
- Something is broken or missing
- Non-urgent question about how to use the clinical information system
--> visit the Connect Care Concierge online at help.connect-care.ca (describe and send the help request)
- Clinical or Patient Flow concerns
- Worry about how Connect Care might be affecting clinical service, relationships or quality.
--> discuss with your specialty Medical Informatics Lead (MIL) or physician leadership
- Other Physician-specific Issues
--> seek out a physician Super User in your area, a MIL in your specialty, or your zone CMIO leader, finding names in either
The Chief Medical Information Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) ensures that a physician informatics leader is available during working hours.