Who to call?
First, look for an experienced user or Super User to support you. Look for yellow or orange (smock, lanyard, arm band). If you cannot find Super User or other peer support, consider the type of problem:
- Possible immediate effect on Patient Care
- Connect Care access or login problems
- Non-Medical Device failure (e.g. printer, scanner)
- Any kind of system or function downtime or failure
- Patient safety incident or problem
- --> call the Service Desk at 1-877-311-4300, Press “1” and then Press “2”.
- --> live web chat or email: ithelp.ahs.ca
- --> if an urgent issue is not getting needed speed or content from Service Desk, call the Command Centre (likely Incident Physician on call)
- Problem without immediate Patient Care impact
- Something is broken or missing
- Non-urgent question about how to use the clinical information system
- --> Connect Care Concierge at help.connect-care.ca
- Clinical or Patient Flow concerns
- --> operational or physician leadership
- Physician-specific Issues
The Chief Medical Information Office ensures that a physician informatics leader is available 24/7. A call schedule highlights who is available during day (0700-1900) and night (1900-0700) shifts.
Urgent CMIO contact numbers are also listed for the Wave 1 launch period.