Those putting hands to keyboards, fingers to touchscreens or mouths to microphones have access to a variety of resources to help get the most out of the Connect Care clinical information system (CIS). All resources are in a state of constant improvement. Connect Care users should reach out early and often. A solution is likely just a shout, call or click away.
- Super Users will be “at-the-elbow” to guide clinicians (be sure to identify and know how to contact your own Super User, who will help solve problems and log issues and requests). Look for orange lanyards for residents and yellow lanyards for physicians.
- The CIS Learning Home Dashboards (inside the CIS) maintain guidebooks about how to support workflows with CIS tools.
- The CIS Training Resources Catalogue (curricula.connect-care.ca) lists training materials that can be downloaded for self-directed development.
- This Connect Care Physician Manual (manual.connect-care.ca) is updated frequently, reflecting the essential knowledge and skills needed for physicians to make headway with Connect Care.
- The Connect Care Physician Blogs (blogs.connect-care.ca) are a source of updates for physicians. There are channels for peer-to-peer tips, FAQs and supports. Check daily (or subscribe) for help with unique support needs of physicians.
- The Connect Care Knowledge Library (helpfiles.connect-care.ca) continually grows with new entries about CIS best practices and problem solutions.
Informal peer-to-peer help to address CIS mobility, personal device, dictation, personalization and workflows, especially those not covered in basic training. Troubleshooting is available for login problems.
- Location: Walter Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre 4B1.39
- Before November 3: 0700-2300
- November 3-10: 24 hours
- After November 10: 0700-2300
A unified intake process allows user needs to be captured, channeled and tracked. All users, super users and helpers can enter requests and suggestions. The Connect Care “Concierge” service offers a single point of capture for help, feedback, and requests. Go to whichever link is easiest to remember:
Who to call?
- For urgent issues, work with a local Super User who can either resolve a problem or quickly channel it to the right resource.
- For pressing issues, call the IT Service Desk & Solution Centre at 1-877- 311-4300 (#1 for Connect Care) to log a problem or request.
- Raise non-urgent issues via the AHS IT Service Desk or the Connect Care Concierge (help.connect-care.ca, or insite.ahs.ca/ccsupport).
CMIO Leaders on Call
The Chief Medical Information Office ensures that a physician informatics leader is available 24/7. A call schedule highlights who is available during day (0700-1900) and night (1900-0700) shifts.
Urgent CMIO contact numbers are also listed for the Wave 1 launch period.